Wednesday, January 28, 2015

God's Promises - Weeks 3 & 4

So, our family has been passing around sickness the last couple weeks and I didn't get a chance to post last week, but thankfully we're all better now and catching up on life.   I'm sharing two promises for these weeks that deal with prayer.

2 Chronicles 7:14 - if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Psalm 66:19 - But truly God has listened; he has attended to the voice of my prayer.

I am so thankful that God gives us the opportunity to pray and that he hears our prayers.  I'm so thankful that God invites us to a real relationship with him - we can communicate gratitude, requests, frustrations, anything... he promises that we can pray and he will hear us.  My prayer life has drastically changed over the years and through that my relationship with God is completely different than it used to be, but last week I was reminded that I still take prayer for granted.  Through a God-given conversation, a dear friend shared with me that I am always in her prayers, and I was instantly humbled and overwhelmed with gratitude.  So many times when we see God move in dramatic ways, we later find out that people were praying for us.  And when I am reminded of people's constant prayers, I think of all the little, yet very amazing, things God does throughout a normal day, and I'm again overwhelmed with gratitude.  I have some dear friends I'm praying for right now who need to know that they can ask God anything and that he will hear them.  May God give me his perspective as I pray for my friends and trust him to take care of their needs and mine.  Thank you, God, that we can pray, and thank you for your promise that you hear our prayers.  

No comments: