Tuesday, February 10, 2015

God's Promises - Week 6

Jeremiah 29:12-13 - Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you.  You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.

I am thankful for God's promise that we can have a relationship with him - that we can seek and find him.  My devotion this morning used this verse and shared this quote from Oswald Chambers:
'Our Lord in his teaching regarding prayer never once referred to unanswered prayer; He said that God always answers prayer.  If our prayers are in the name of Jesus, that is, in accordance with His nature, the answers will not be in accordance with our nature, but with His.  We are apt to forget this, and to say without thinking that God does not always answer prayer.  He does every time, and when we are in close communion with Him, we realize that we have not been misled.'

I haven't been able to stop thinking about that all day - what would it look like in my life if my prayers and desires were truly in accordance with God's nature?  It brings me back to seeking him with all my heart... when I am truly seeking him, I am in that close communion and am gifted with God's perspective in small daily things and even difficult circumstances.  So today I'm thankful for the promise of a close relationship and challenged with making sure my prayers are in accordance with God's nature, not mine. :)

No comments: