Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Year!

As usual, I can't believe how quickly this last year has gone by.  When I look back over the year, I am simply in awe of God's faithfulness and grace in our lives.  It was not an easy year, but through the challenges, we have seen God work in incredible ways.  God has brought healing this last year, healing from unexpected places, and healing that we didn't even know we needed. He has provided grace for the journey, so we are able to look back, not with bitterness or regret, but simple thankfulness for His presence and guidance and anticipation of new and exciting adventures in the future. As our boys continue to grow and develop, I am also in awe that God gifted them to us... they are so full of life and pure joy, and I am so thankful that we get to share this journey together.

The scripture that carried me through this last year and continues to challenge me in this new year is Deuteronomy 30:19-20 - "This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the Lord is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob." 
God continues to teach me what it means to choose life, His life, every day.  To everyone who prays for us and supports us - thank you so much!  We are so thankful to share this journey with you.  May God continue to show us how He is working around us and how we can join Him in His work wherever He places us.  Happy New Year from Okinawa!

No comments: